I asked my FB community (join here) what is the one thing they were struggling with… and the OVERWHELMING answer was CONSISTENCY. Wow. Can I relate to that? Ohhh yes.
So I wanted to share with you what works for me — and if you’re consistent with it (haha) your life WILL CHANGE and feel more in flow. I promise.
Start by grabbing your Day by Day creative guide and open up to a “Free Write” page or a “Weekly Intentions” page. (don’t know what I”m talking about? Grab one here: http://bit.ly/daybydaycg ) or a piece of paper … and a pen.
Ask yourself what is on your plate & WHY.
I like to make a list of everything I have to do. I mean EVERYTHING… for me it includes everything from writing and scheduling blogs to cleaning the toilet to picking up groceries to working out to checking in/connecting on my social media accounts to taking the kids to the dentist to touching base with a friend. Everything that you have to do for yourself, your family, your significant other, your job, your co-workers, your friends, your extra curricular activities. ALL of it…. Put it on your list. It’s important not to censor any of what you’re writing. It may seem silly to you, but I promise it will make sense over the next few steps.
Take some time with this list, but not too much time. Set a timer for 5-10 minutes if you need to.
After you have your list, you may feel overwhelmed. I know I used to. It’s okay. That’s why we are doing this 🙂 Stay with me…
You may want to grab some highlighters, sharpies, pens, whatever… and then turn the page in your guide or grab another sheet of paper.
- I heard this once and it resonated deeply with me – “If it isn’t a hell yes, it’s a NO. Period.” And I mindfully try to live my life and base my decisions on that simplicity. That said, as you’re prioritizing your list, remember that statement. It will help simplify.
- Why are you doing the things on your list? Is it moving you forward? Why are you really doing the things on your list? What lights you up? What doesn’t? What is absolutely necessary to get done and what can be postponed or removed?
Prioritize, set boundaries & delegate.
- Action step – remove one thing from your list each day. My Day by Day creative guide has space for you to write your “to don’t list” – put those things here!
- Set your timer, schedule your priorities on your calendar.
- Set time aside to get the things you HAVE to do and the time to do the things you WANT to do. Forget the “shoulds.”
- Communicate your needs with your family, friends, co-workers, etc. They may have no idea how full your plate feels. Chances are, they aren’t intentionally trying to add more to your plate. It’s up to you to say ‘“Hey, I need a little more time or a little bit of time or need you to help me with ___.”
Give yourself grace.
The good thing about this life is that we can choose again, literally at any moment. Everything is temporary and nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world. And, newsflash, we are HUMAN. We are allowed to make mistakes and not “do it all” — so remember that and give yourself love and grace. You deserve it. You are amazing and you are doing great!
I would love to hear how this resonates with you!
TIP::: Use your DAY BY DAY – creative guide. If you don’t have yours yet, you can purchase here: http://bit.ly/daybydaycg