A new day.
A new start.
A new chance.
Today begins week 3 of our CrossFit nutrition challenge, where all have goals of some sort of “transformation” – be it health, weight loss, strength/gains, or just overall get back on track.
In my experience of health & fitness coaching, THIS is the week that everyone slacks off. Some even quit.
Since joining CrossFit, it’s even more of a mental challenge – but OH when progress is felt & seen, it’s encouraging and inspiring to keep going & to encourage others to do the same.
Nutrition is just one piece of the “transformation” puzzle.
Fitness is just one piece of the “transformation” puzzle.
MINDSET is where the magic happens. It’s EVERYTHING.
As with anything, if our mind isn’t in the right frame of mind (in the case of this nutrition challenge, “ready to make a change”) then it will NOT happen. Many of us have to have that “enough!” moment to truly be “ready” to make a change. That’s when we become relentless in making it happen.
To make sure you are successful in your journey of transformation, be it physical, mental, spiritual…..here’s a few tried & true tips I’ve personally found that work:
- Get still & meditate on WHY you want to change. Think bigger picture.
- Close your eyes and visualize what that transformation will FEEL like. Come back to this anytime you feel like quitting or get discouraged. Stay in that feeling!
- Write down your goals – be realistic. Dreaming big is wonderful, but sometimes it’s best to take it one step at a time. And always tell someone. Have an accountability friend or group to help you on your journey.
- Celebrate your wins. Every single one of them, no matter how small or insignificant it seems. It still counts!
- Give yourself grace if you slip. You are human. And an incredibly blessed one at that!
It’s all a journey! You got this 🙂